Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pecan Piiiiieee


Hello all! So I decided to start my posts with a pecan pie recipe, I made one a few weeks ago and it was delicious... I also liked the picture I took of it, as I have been inspired by a chef named Heidi Swanson from 101 Cookbooks and her photos always leave me with cravings for whatever she makes! I got the recipe from the Karo Light Corn Syrup bottle, I know anyone can get this as well, but I am posting it nonetheless...

1 cup Karo Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust - I used Pillsbury. For the frozen, make sure to place it on a cookie sheet before placing in the oven!

Mix the first five ingredients together, then mix in pecans. Pour into the crust and voila! You have a pie to bake!
Bake in a 350 oven for 55-60 minutes and cool for 2 hours. This might not be the greatest springtime recipe, but just in case you get a craving... ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment