Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bridal Shower Cake, 1st Full Fondant Attempt

 

It had been a while since I had a little pack of marshmallows just DYING to be made into fondant. I had made some earlier this year with marshmallow fluff with no success so I decided to get the miniature marshmallows and follow the recipe I had true to form. A co-worker's bridal shower was coming up so I decided to try my hand at it since I was itching to make the cake. Her colors were hot pink and orange. I didn't want to use hot pink food coloring and have people walking around with pink teeth! The best way to avoid this was to... Ta-da! Make the fondant! It was a lot of fun, though I had a little bit of trouble with it cracking a little. It still tasted great and everyone loved it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment